Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday: Pita Salad


Today was a good day for food making in the kitchen :)

Breakfast started like most mornings with a delicious green smoothie.

Spinach, banana, strawberries, wheatgrass, miracle matcha
Voila !

This was followed by some yummy scrambled egg and smoked salmon. I used duck eggs as apparently they are the best but I am not sure I can really notice the difference, actually my duck eggs look a bit dry but it was still nice!

Duck eggs, smoked salmon, black pepper, toast

I find a lot of salads can be a little boring but the more ingredients involved the better - Andrew does love a salad so when he was making his I couldn't resist to make some concoction of my own!

Smoked salmon, pesto mozzarella, hummus, gem lettuce, beetroot and stuffed pita
We aimed to use as many different ingredients as we could out of our fridge. I also decided to use up some pita so it wouldn't go to waste.

Toasted pita stuffed with chopped mozzarella, avocado and tomato
 I liked how the pita looks a bit like a crab :)

Andrew loves his meat so he added some plain ham, serrano ham and chorizo

I also decided to try out some healthy oat bars I found on Pinterest the other week

Oat bars mixed with blueberries

I then made a slow cooker spaghetti bolognese, yum! (sorry the photo is a bit out of focus)



...It's ok to finish with some bubbles and chocolates right? ;) ♥


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Blogging tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...