Friday 8 March 2013

Cipriani, London


Today I got invited to Cipriani restaurant for lunch, or the 'C restaurant' as its now known (Not sure why they changed it, I will have to google it - but I preferred the original and it sounds a lot more Italian!)

Although I am often close by I have never actually been. Its a very old style Italian, quite well known and the majority of the time its buzzing. I was glad to try it to see what all the fuss was about.

Disappointingly I don't have any photos because of the guests I was with but also I more or less demolished most of my food before attempting to even take a photo - At least thats saying something for the food!

I can at least tell you what I had which was so delicious. We started off with Bellini's, always a good start :) I didn't really like the glass (a version of a very tall shot glass which felt a bit strange). For my main I chose the 'tagliatelle lamb ragu special' (Andrew would be very surprised at me because even though I am not vegetarian, I am very fussy with my meat and certain meats I don't touch, lamb is one of them and he knows the amount of times I have said no to having it)

On first bite it tasted really nice but the 'Friends' episode where Phoebe goes to dinner to meet Mike's parents and they feed her veal, somehow got into my head! Hahaha! If you haven't seen it you can watch it here

The dessert vanished in about 2 minutes! 'Meringata alla crema', in other words Vanilla Cream Meringue cake... its was Delizioso! :)  Really, its worth going back just for that, maybe with some tea ;)

It looks a bit like this but without the crust and instead of the bottom layer it has vanilla layers running through it.  Hmmm Yum! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Blogging tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...