Friday 28 June 2013

LAURA MERCIER: Secret brightening powder




The Laura Mercier secret brightening powder doesn't seem to get talked about all that much, yet has some strong cult following with rave reviews, maybe thats why its 'secret'.


A while ago when I purchased this powder I couldn't for one moment work out what the greatness of it was. It didn't seem to do anything for me. Fast forward some months and I was fed up with the Mac concealer under my eyes creasing. For whatever reason I resorted to this thinking it may be a good idea.

Did it work?

One month on and I have used it everyday without fail.

On the first recent occasion I used it to set my concealer I was amazed at the end of the day when I looked into the mirror to see that my concealer was still in place and had not creased. It didn't take me long to work out what it was because thats the only thing I had changed. THE WONDEROUS OF JOY! :)


The transparent white powder of micronised pigments is very fine with a subtle shimmer but the shimmer you see above is barely noticeable on the skin. The good thing is you only need a tiny bit so this product itself will last you an extremely long time. It's supposed to 'lighten and brighten' the under eye area but thats definitely not why I turn to it as I don't really notice it doing much of that and I think concealer helps to do that alone, however for a weightless product to beat the crease and keep the eye area lovely and soft this is a dream. If you're a lucky one that doesn't need/wear concealer obviously this may not be of any use.


How I use it: Using a bare minerals concealer brush I swirl it in the lid where there will be a sufficient trace of powder ideal for each eye (as in the photo above). I gently tap and/or brush it along the under eye area, corners of the eye and along the lid. It's so soft and weightless it doesn't feel like anything.

Pros:
Effective for setting concealer/eyeliner and avoiding the crease
Light-as-air
Mistake-proof application
Lasts a very long time

Cons:
The packaging isn't great, the product can easily go everywhere once opened so you have to be careful


Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder available at Laura MercierSpack NK and other big department stores.


Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Blogging tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...